Saturday, October 11, 2008

Wrist Surgery


My wrist is finally 100% healed. I broke it snowboarding sometime in march. I just thought it was sprained for about a month and a half. When i finally went to the doctor they initially didn't see the fracture. They called me back a week later and said it was broken. May 9th i got a cast. Removed June 9th. Had not healed at all. So they opted to do surgery. Was in a soft cast for another month after surgery and then another hard cast for one more month. The last 9 weeks i've been cast free and just wearing a brace. Its finally 100% healed but not even close to 100% movement. Not sure whether or not to do physical therapy because the surgeon said studies have shown you get the same movement back in a year with or without therapy. Therapy just speeds up the process. At any rate, I'm healed up for the coming season.

No comments: